PhD (Research) Program
Institute of Informatics and Communication (IIC), UDSC invites applications for Full Time Ph.D. programme for the academic year 2016-17.
A total of 01 seat is available in the areas of Informatics and Communication. The Institute/Department/University reserves the right to change the number of seats or not to award any Ph.D. position.
Eligibility: The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent CGPA score) in M.Sc. /M.Phil. /M.Tech. /M.S. Degree in Informatics/ Communication/ Electronics/ Physics and allied subjects from a recognized University/ institute. 5% relaxation will be permitted for reserved categories as per the University norms.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in Ph.D. admission should submit duly filled on-line application form at http://admission.du.ac.in/phd/ .Candidates applying for more than one department are required to fill up separate forms for each department.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test comprising of a Written Test and an Interview.
- Written Test will be for duration of 90 minutes based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- Candidates holding a (i) valid national level research fellowship, (ii) research position in current research projects of the IIC, UDSC or (iii) awarded lectureship in the CSIR-UGC NET (or equivalent examination) are exempted from the written test, but will be required to appear for the interview for selection. For details, see Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi.
- Candidates appearing for the written examination will be short-listed for the interview. The list of short-listed candidates will be valid till the next written test for Ph.D admissions.
- Admission of the candidates for Ph.D. programme is based on their suitability to specific specialisations and also subject to fulfilling all other conditions laid down in Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi.
- Candidates who do not have any fellowship may be provided Non-NET UGC fellowship based on its availability and only if the candidate is finally selected for the Ph.D. program.
- The syllabus for the written test is available on the website of the institute (https://www.iic.ac.in)
- There is no fee for the entrance test.
- The written test and interview will be held at University of Delhi South campus.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test and interview.
- All candidates must carry a valid ID for the written test as well as the interview.
All announcements will be made available on the http://www.iic.ac.in. Candidates are requested to regularly check the website for updates.
Note: IIC reserves the right not to fill up the vacant seats of Ph.D program in case of non-availability of suitable candidate. The admission is also subject to fulfilling all other conditions laid down in Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi.